Log of Fires in On-Campus Housing Facilities

The following log of fires in on-campus housing are posted as required by the the Higher Education Opportunity Act. This log includes fires occuring from January 1, 2009 to the present.

The current Annual Fire Safety Report (see link at the bottom of this page) provides more detail relating to campus fire safety initiatives, building fire safety systems and campus policies.

Date Reported

Incident #

Nature of Fire

Date and Time

Location

6/21/2013 13-0000439 Charring to exterior deck from discarded cigarette 6/21/2013 12:12 PM Family Student Housing, 100 Loop, 2nd Floor Deck
6/2/2013 13-0000400 Burning clothes and chair from unattended curling iron 6/2/2013 2:25 AM Porter College, B Dorm, 3rd Floor Apartment

9/24/2012

12-0000649

Fire involving cutting boards stored in oven broiler drawer

9/24/2012 12:18 PM

Oakes College, Shabazz House, 1st Floor Apartment

1/26/2012

12-0000055

Burning clothes from tipped-over lamp

1/26/2012 11:00 AM

College 10, Residence Hall 5, 3rd Floor Apartment

10/14/2011

11-0000559

Unattended food fire on stove

10/14/2011 1:22 PM

Stevenson College, House 10, 2nd Floor Apartment

2/20/2011

11-0000133

Grease fire on stove

2/20/2011 8:25 AM

Family Student Housing, 500 Loop, 1st Floor Apartment

9/25/2010

10-0000482

Gas line fire in oven

9/25/2010 5:39 PM

Crown Merrill Apartments, Building 9, 3rd Floor Apartment

8/4/2010

10-0000407

Grease fire on stove

8/4/2010 2:36 PM

Family Student Housing, 500 Loop, 1st Floor Apartment

6/10/2010

10-0000346

Firecracker ignited inside building

6/10/2010 9:58 PM

Crown College, Galileo House, 2nd Floor Lounge

11/20/2009

09-0000672

Grease fire on stove

11/20/2010 9:44 PM

College 8, Apartment Building 6, 1st Floor Apartment

8/20/2009

09-0000446

Unattended food fire on stove

8/20/2009 4:58 PM

Family Student Housing, 100 Loop, 2nd Floor Apartment

1/30/2009

09-0000068

Grease fire on stove

1/30/2009 2:58 AM

Kresge College, Building J, 4th Floor Apartment

1/12/2009

09-0000021

Fire in trash can (unknown ignition source)

1/12/2009 4:02 AM

College 10, Residence Hall 5, 2nd Floor Bathroom

See Also